Deutsche Aerospace Airbus, Hamburg-Finkenwerder, Germany – January 1988 to December 1994
Department Head of Procurement
- Directed purchasing functions such as product/service research, vendor selection, price and contract terms negotiation and purchase order completion.
- Motivated a team of 47 departmental employees and ensured that best practice and leverage opportunities are delivered
- Effectively developed and lead global sourcing strategies, managed suppliers and internal networks to deliver best class performance for all airbus programs and the relevant spend area.
- Consistently delivered measurable and strategic goals to enable a competitive advantage to bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership.
- Developed new effective business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players
- Professionally managed and measured suppliers for continuous performance and improvement.
- Evaluated and recommended strategic opportunities/initiatives to consortium and assessed short-term long-term industry and strategic considerations.
- Communicated effectively across the organization and maintained documentation.
- Worked with engineering team to ensure that technical data are maintained and delivered in such a way to ensure conformity to required specification.
- Prepared, evaluated, and implemented multi-million dollar budgets for all aircraft projects, e.g. A310, A320, A330/A340; developed short and long term financial strategies;