Jochen W. Weber
Economist & Social Media/Marketing Expert
Astute strategist with extensive track record of building and aligning organizations to achieve excellence, profitability, unparalleled client service. Skilled relationship builder and trusted adviser, with clients in separately managed accounts. Able to handle several projects simultaneously, and meets deadlines. Gets tremendous amounts of satisfaction from working with clients and making significant impact on their businesses. Strong understanding of economic theory and its practical implications, knowledge and experience of accounting and bookkeeping. Known for excellent business & marketing plans that bring desired results.
Areas of Expertise
Analysis, Marketing/Branding. Strategy, Project Management, Product Development, Client Presentation, Strategic Planning & Goal Setting, Budgeting, Cost Analysis & Fiscal Administration, Computer & Software Literate, Creative problem-solving abilities including decision making & organizational skills with adaptability & resourcefulness. Integrity & Trust.
J.W. W. Consulting: Implemented high-volume, low cost conversions that increased clients online account registration by 50% in 6 months.
Peopleunlikeus.com: Grew readership from zero to an average of 2 million monthly page reviews in less than 2 years.
William Gomes Construction: Improved spending reports to enhance clarity of expenses and increase of efficiency of 8 different groups.
J. W. W. Consulting, Riverside, California 03/2011 to present
Social Media Expert
Design and execute with associates websites and social media strategies that meets client’s objectives.
- Develop and manage online marketing for small and midsize businesses, effectively driving brand awareness, engagement and traffic to social media pages.
- Assess social media marketing strategies to determine rate of return. Identify and tap into new channels to optimize ROI and fuel revenue growth.
- Achieve a strong, visible social media presence and develop concepts with viral potential. Continuously monitor online public relations and ensure the success of client programs.
- Capitalized on effective SEO strategies and search engine placement to generate 200% increase in initial response rates for major client and elevate lead flows by more than 50%.
- Provided high-volume, low-cost conversions that increased clients online account registrations by 50% in 6 months; delivered paid search campaigns with CPA consistently lower than client’s official campaign managed by the full service SEM agency.
Peopleunlikeus.com, Crestline, California 03/2011 to 11/2012
Economic Writer & Editor
In charge of quality of features, and planning long-term features. Maintained Peopleunlikeus.com social media accounts, edited stories for factual information and grammatical correctness from staff and freelance writers.
- Crafted content strategies and ideas in coordination with other editorial staff.
- Handled breaking news web updates as needed.
- Organized photos (Adobe Dreamwever, Photoshop), wrote photo captions and drafted headlines.
- Grew readership from zero to an average of 2 million monthly page reviews in less than 2 years.
William Gomes Construction, Lake Arrowhead, California 01/2001 to 11/2012
Administrator & Marketing Manager
Planned, directed, and coordinated daily activities operations, and projects assuring optimum cost controls and maximizing productivity.
- Oversaw the timely, accurate processing of invoices, purchase orders, expense reports, credit memos and payment transactions.
- Handled responsibilities of monitoring and overseeing financial-statement
- Shaped and fostered business relations with customers, suppliers and vendor representatives.
- Defined and implemented product requirements, business plan, and marketing strategy.
- Addressed escalated issues from employees and vendors regarding account payable/receivable.
- Wrote new marketing material & website content.
- Monitored and optimized key internet search engine campaigns.
- Executed marketing campaigns that contributed to 30% annual revenue growth through online, web and email campaigns.
- Generated approximately $130,000 by employing a new procedure which streamlined the business vendor relationship.
Asian American Community Center, Redlands, California 02/2004 to 09/2007
Treasurer, Board of Directors
Created annual budget and compared the actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget.
Oversaw the development and observation of the organization’s financial policies.
Implemented Board policies and directives and communicated them to the public.
Regularly informed the Board of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of financial health; completed financial reports in a timely fashion and made these forms available to the Board.
Served as principal spokesperson for the organization; represented organization at public and professional functions; oversaw public information and public education program, and coordinated media relations.
Aral Mineraloelvertrieb GmbH, Bochum, Germany – Project Manager/Technical Coordinator
Kaerger & Partner, International Marketing Agency, Dortmund, Germany – Project Marketing Manager
Deutsche Aerospace Airbus, Hamburg-Finkenwerder – Department Head WM2
Deutsche Bank, Hamburg, Germany – Corporate Finance Analyst
Microsoft Suite: Word*Excel*PowerPoint*Outlook, SAP R/3,QuickBooksPro,Social Media: Twitter*Facebook*LinkedIn’*Pinterest*Wordpress* IBM Websphere* Google Analytics* SiteCatalyst,
University of Hamburg/Germany, MBA, marketing, June 1986, Field of concentration: marketing, Minors: business statistic,
University of Hamburg/Germany, MA, economics, June 1987, Field of concentration: international economics, econometric, Minors: behavioral economics